RUN THE MOST DEMANDING MARATHON OF YOUR LIFE ALONG ONE OF MANKIND'S GREATEST MONUMENTS.
Since its inception in 1999, the Great Wall Marathon has become revered as one of the world’s most challenging marathons. Throughout the years, it has developed from mere 350 runners to a sell-out event of 2500 runners, novices and experienced alike.
The route takes you along the spectacular Great Wall in the venue of Huangyaguan, threading through local villages as you are cheered on by its residents giving you the boost needed for its hilly routes and challenging last steps of the tower (5,164 to be exact!).
But this run is not only about the race. It is about the adventure of traveling together with other running-minded spirits, friends and family. Its about experiencing Chinese culture, getting to know this fantastic country, its people and local cuisine.
That’s why the race is always a part of an Entry Package which combines classic Beijing with China’s spectacular nature outside the busy metropolis.
Furthermore, we also offer a variety of race extensions if you want to continue your adventure with us.
Marathours is an authorized partner to sell Albatros Aventures Marathon packages in Canada. This group is not accompanied by Marathours.
PACKAGE from May 14 to May 20, 2024
(7 days - 6 nights) with possibility of extending
From $ CAD per person based on double occupancy hotel Confort package downtown Beijing
From $ CAD per person based on single occupancy hotel Confort package downtown Beijing
The price included:
• 6-nights accommodation
• Meals as stated in the itinerary
• Excursion to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven
• Transfer from airport to hotel
• Transportation as per itinerary
• The Great Wall Marathon race package which includes: start number, bib chip timing, running T-shirt, supplies on route, English speaking medical team from Denmark and finisher certificate.
• Comprehensive information packet and guide book for the Great Wall Marathon event which includes detailed maps and day-by-day descriptions.
• Extra night rates are inclusive of breakfast
• Possibility to extend
The price does not include
• Flights but available on request from Marathours
• Visa for China
• Departure transfer to airport (These can be purchased separately)
• Optional tours which must be booked in advance
• Travel insurance
• Meals not stated in the itinerary
• Personal expenses
• Anything not mentioned under 'Inclusions'
• Compensation fund for customers of travel agencies $3.50/$1,000
• Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”·
• Contribution to the compensation fund for travel agency customers of $3.50 per $1,000
The Great Wall Marathon race package included:
VISA AND PASSPORT
Almost all non-Chinese nationals will need a visa to enter China. There are different categories and you will most likely need a tourist visa (L). Contact your local Chinese embassy or consulate for more information. The procedure normally requires submitting a visa application form, paying a fee and providing the Chinese authorities with an authorised itinerary from Albatros Travel. The processing of visa may take several weeks. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The traveller must ensure he/she has a valid passport and visa and give the travel agency correct information regarding name and nationality, etc.
The travel agency cannot be held responsible for travellers who, for whatever reason, may be denied entry at a border. Furthermore, the travel agency cannot be held responsible for the denial of visa prior to departure.
Please be aware that rules and regulations may change between booking and departure.
Please note that there are also visa requirements when in transit. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after returning from your destination.
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the day of your departure.
15 May 2024 - 95$cad/pers
Ming Tombs sacred road
17 May 2024 - 135$cad/pers
City of People - Giant Panda, Summer Palace & more
19 May 2024 - 135$cad/pers
The Terracotta Army
From 20-22 May | 3 days | 1,425$cad/pers